Saint Croix Lutheran High School
Twenty seven WELS and ELS congregations in the Twin Cities support an area Lutheran high school for those parent who prefer Christian education for their children on a secondary level. Saint Croix Lutheran High School is located at 1200 Oakdale in West St. Paul.
The school opened its doors on September 9, 1958, with 22 ninth grade students int he basement of St. james Lutheran Church in West St. Paul. The first structure with classrooms and office area was erected in 1959 on Crusader Avenue in West St. Paul. On February 20, 1966, a new classroom-auditorium-gymnasium building was dedicated "to the glory of God for the Christian education and training of our youth." In the fall of 1975, a new library-classroom area, connecting the two existing structures, was opened for the students with a total of 4000 square feet of space. In the fall of 1984, the administrative responsibilities were divided between a superintendent and newly call principal.
In April, 1992, the TCLHSA purchased the present campus. This much larger facility and campus meets the future needs for increasing enrollment and expansion of curricular and co-curricular offerings. SCLHS Student Residence opened in the fall of 1995 with a capacity for 45 students.
Saint Croix Lutheran High School has as its mission to "educate the total student, spritually, intellectually, and physically in a caring Christian family community." The school seal also states that Saint Croix focuses its education of the "soul, mind, and body" of each student.
For more information, please call the school office at 651-455-1521 or visit their website at http://www.stcroixlutheran.org/.